Friday, March 19, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Diana Gabaldon

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Diana Gabaldon's books are popular and well-known, especially the main series, the Outlander books. Long and detailed, they're not quite any one category: there's time travel, romance, historical fiction and more. I'm finding though lately that I've got to be in the "right" mood to read and enjoy them. Either way, they're books I get a fair number of requests for.

Now, there's an unknown wait again for the next book to be released. I haven't seen any rumors yet of new titles for the book, and no hints for a date. So, what should I recommend to tide readers over until the next book comes out, whether it'll be a sequel to An Echo In The Bone, or one of the Lord John novels.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...